Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

'VARSITY NINE

Defeated the Freshmen on Holmes Field Yesterday by the Score of 8 to 5.

The 'Varsity defeated the Freshman nine yesterday afternoon in a practice game of seven innings, by a score of 8-5.

In some particulars the playing of both teams was decidedly encouraging. The 'Varsity made eleven hits off McDonald, displaying the best batting strength of the season. Of this number McCornick secured three with a total of five. He reached first every time at bat and scored three of the 'Varsity's eight runs. Rand made two hits, one of which netted three bases, Burgess two, and Laughlin, Davis, Hayes and Lych one each, while Haughton reached first only once and then on an error.

The fielding of the 'Varsity was fairly accurate, most of the misplays being wild throws. One double play was made in the first inning and a number of good catches were made in the outfield by Lynch and Rand.

The Freshmen played a plucky game throughout, exhibiting some fast fielding at critical stages. They went to pieces in the latter part of the game, however, and by bad throwing enabled the 'Varsity to get a lead which they were unable to make up. All of their hits were made off Ely, who was in the box for the first five innings. Hayes was substituted in the sixth and at once proved effective. Not only were no hits made off his delivery, but three men out of six who batted were retired on strikeouts. The best play of the afternoon was a neat double play which was made by Cropley, Fincke and Kendall in the first inning. In the field, Jaynes covered his territory in good form, gathering in several difficult flies after long runs to the infield.

The batting order of the nines follows:

'Varsity-Laughlin, s. s. ; Rand, l. f.; Haughton, 2b.; Burgess, r. f.; Lynch, c. f.;

Continued on fourth page.