Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

No Headline

Admirable as the library is in its general arrangement and system it is not entirely free from annoying abuses, particularly in the reserve book department. Students in the various courses are often directed to the reserve shelves for books which they cannot find upon application, at the library, and this, although the reading room catalogue shows that the books in question are at least nominally on the reserve shelves. In the past this misplacement or misappropriation of books has been attributed to students. No doubt the fault does he largely at their door, not wholly, however, as recent events have shown. Instructors as well as students are sometimes the offenders. The right of instructors to the use of reserve books is clearly prior to the right of students; but it can hardly be transformed into a license to retain them more than a few days at most. The interests of students merits consideration as well as the inserts of students merits consideration as well as the inters of instructors, and men can not be held responsible for a knowledge of books which, though nominally reserved, disappear periodically from the shelves sometimes for weeks.