Pi Eta Play.

The name of the Pi Eta play this year will be "Spontania." The libretto and some of the songs have been written by H. Coonley '99, and the music composed by J. A. Loud '98. T. L. Homer '99, W. Heilman 1900 and V. Burnett '98 have also written some of the songs. The topical song is by W. L. Barnard '99.

The play represents the sudden awakening of a Harvard professor 2000 years in advance of his birth, and his futile efforts to regulate events in a fanciful country called Spontania, according to a history he has written. In his history he finds that the king is to marry on the following day, but can discover only the initials of the future queen. This leads to complications. Meanwhile, two neighboring old maids arrive with forged proposals of marriage and demand the king's hand. The professor also finds the king's son about to marry otherwise than his book prescribed, and tries to prevent the marriage. He plots with the king's attendant, but only to be discovered. The attendant is forced to marry both old maids, the prince allowed to thwart history, and the professor sentenced to death.

The cast is as follows: Bungus, King of Spontania, T. Stensland '98; Lovatus, his son, V. Burnett '98; Sporticus, attendant to king, R. Mahoney 1900; Corcoran Van Brunt, Harvard professor, S. Parker '99, Princess Oldmada, R. L. Chipman '98, Grand Duchess Spookia, A. W. Hollis 1900; Dorothea Theresa, G. F. Root 1900; Solitar, leader of chorus, W. Peirce '99; Heralds, B. Leeson '99 and B. Jones '99. There will be thirty-two men in the chorus.

The poster and the cover for the programme have been designed by J. T. Harrington '99 and H. W. Williams '99, respectively.

Performances will be given as follows: At the Pi Eta Theatre, April 13 and 14; at the Bijou Opera House, Boston, April 15; in the town hall, Winchester, April 16, and in Bray's Hall, Newton Centre, April 19.

For the present tickets may be obtained by applying to L. W. Redpath, 51 Hastings Hall.