The Cricket Team.

The cricket game scheduled for today against Zingari has been cancelled by the latter team. The season will open next Saturday with a match against a picked team from around Boston. Owing to the rainy weather practice has been seriously interrupted. It was hoped that Soldiers Field would have been in a fair condition two weeks ago, but the grounds are still too soft for a good crease; despite this fact several of the men had batting and bowling practice during the vacation.

The team has been greatly weakened by the loss of R. Haughton '99 and P. Dove '98, who are in the naval brigade and Battery A, respectively. O. Byrd 1900, who was expected to come out after the Easter recess, is now rowing on the 2nd 'Varsity crew, so will probably not play. The men at present on the eleven are T. M. Hastings '98, R. H. Carleton '98, A. Drinkwater 1900, H. F. Ward 1G., J. DeK. Towner '98, J. T. Harrington '99. H. Gray 1L., G. H. Wilder 1900, and P. M. Lansdale 1901.

Besides these there are now in college several men who have had considerable cricket experience and it is earnestly hoped that they will come out to support the team.