Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Delta Upsilon Play.

"The Shoemaker's Holiday" was performed last night for the second time by the Harvard Chapter of Delta Upsilon. The last performance will take place tonight at the Bijou Theatre, Boston.

Considering the antiquity of the piece, which was composed by Thomas Dekker in 1599, there is nothing halting about the movement and nothing uninteresting in the lines. One felt, however, that much had been cut out of the original play.

C. E. Williams '99 had an intelligent grasp of the character of Simon Eyre, a master shoemaker and kind ruler of his journeymen. Firk, the main comic character, was played by J. A. Macy '99, whose mobility of feature and agility of limb did much to enliven the scenes. The English Department might say of the part of C. L. Bouve '99 as Rowland Lacy that it was subjective. The actor, though intelligent in his reading, did not seem to make the most of what is perhaps the best part in the play.

The feminine roles were unusually well taken. J. S. Barstow '98 as Jane showed a lack of ease, but this was more than compensated for by his acceptable appearance. The shoemakers' dance introduced in the last act was well executed.

As a whole the play is exceedingly smooth and lively, and very interesting.