Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

No Headline

The plan of sending proctors to the different preparatory schools to conduct the preliminary and final examinations for entrance to Harvard, is one which has much to commend it. To come to Cambridge for the purpose of taking these examinations, requires an expenditure of time and money which, in the case of students at the more important of our preparatory schools, is now entirely obviated by the new plan.

Of course, there are many sub-freshmen who are studying with tutors, or are at small private schools, who will be unable to avail themselves of this arrangement, and there are, too, some men who prefer to take the examinations in Cambridge on account of the experience to be gained, and also, it is to be suspected, because they wish to learn the names of the buildings before making their appearance as full-fledged freshmen in the fall. But aside from these considerations, we should think that a man could do himself more justice by taking these examinations at his own school, in familiar surroundings, then by placing himself in a new and strange situation, and we would advise all the students to whom this opportunity is offered to improve it, rather than to go to the unnecessary trouble of making a journey to Cambridge.