Deutscher Verein Play.

The Deutscher Verein will give its annual play next Monday evening, March 26. It is entitled "Her Portrait," and the general plot is as follows: A young artist, Richard Streicher, inherits a fortune and studio at the death of his uncle after whom he is named. An old maid hoping to please her brother-in-law, writes to the elder Richard Streicher asking him to paint the portrait of her niece, explaining at the same time that she thoroughly disapproves of young artists. The young Richard Streicher receives the note and takes in the situation. He disguises himself and so wins the confidence of the aunt by his politeness that she leaves him with her niece. He then reveals his identity to the niece and in the course of several sittings gains her love and then the consent of her father to their marriage on the condition that he shall secure the consent of the aunt. The play turns on the manner in which this consent is gained.

The characters are as follows:

Richard Streicher, artist, H. Schurz '97. Gottfried Bethmann, his friend,

E. H. Palmer L. S.

Marie Braunert, E. G. Knoblauch '96.

Eulalie Lux, her aunt, F. V. Briesen '95.

Johann, Richard's servant, G. W. Knoblauch '97.

Tickets are only for members of the Verein and their friends; there will be no public sale.