Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

The Cricket Season.

The Harvard cricket eleven closed the season last Monday in a drawn game with Haverford. As Haverford had already defeated Pennsylvania, this game, undecided though it was, gave Haverford the intercollegiate championship cup, which was won by Harvard last year.

Though this year's team could not come up to last year's standard of seven victories and no defeats, considering the amount of absolutely green material the eleven succeeded remarkably well. While the team never failed to make good scores, its main strength lay in the bowlers and the fielders. Both Hastings and Ward bowled very effectively, and Carleton would have proved as formidable had it not been for a strained side. Hastings got the best bowling average for the season, 6.3; R. H. Carleton got the best batting average of the eleven, 17.7, and by the average of 30.5 runs also won the intercollegiate bat awarded for the highest batting average in the two championship games.

The only other men on the eleven who played consistently throughout were P. Dove, 13.75; T. M. Hastings, 13, and C. E. Morgan, 10.5. Below are given the batting and bowling averages for the season:

At Bat. Runs. Av'ge.

R. H. Carleton, 7 124 17.71

P. Dove, 4 55 13.75

T. M. Hastings, 7 91 13

C. E. Morgan, 6 63 10.5

A. Drinkwater, 7 41 8.2

Towner, 5 20 5

R. Haughton, 5 19 3.8

Edwards, 4 10 3.3

Ward, 5 12 2.4

Wilder, 3 4 1.3

H. G. Gray, 4 4 1

Carried his bat.

BOWLING.

No. Innings. Runs. W'kts. Av.

T. M. Hastings, 7 233 37 6.3

Ward, 7 230 27 8.51

R. H. Carleton, 3 39 3 13