'86 Quarter-Mile Cup.

The race for the '86 quarter-mile cup will be held on Holmes Field, Saturday afternoon at 3 o'clock. This cup was presented to the athletic association by S. Gannett Wells '86, for the purpose of encouraging quarter-mile runners. It is now on exhibition in Thurston's window.

The entries for the race close Thursday evening; the handicaps will be published Friday morning. The conditions of the race follow:

No student shall be entitled to compete for this cup who at the time of the competition is not entitled to compete for the University in intercollegiate events.

The cup shall be a perpetual one and shall be competed for annually in April or May.

Any student winning the competition shall be entitled to have his name engraved on the cup, and, provided he shall give a bond satisfactory to the Harvard Athletic Committee, he shall be entitled to keep the cup until the next competition, at which time he shall return it to said committee upon the written request of its chairman.

The race for the cup shall be a quartermile handicap. The handicaps are to be arranged by the captain of the track team together with the chief trainer for the time being of the H. A. A.; and in case they disagree, by the official handicapper of the A. A. U.

The executive committee of the H. A. A. shall have entire management of the competition, subject only to the authority of the Harvard Athletic Committee.

These conditions may be changed by the executive committee of the H. A. A., but only with the consent of the donor of the cup, or his legal representative.

If the executive committee deem it wise it may reject any entry.