Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Radcliffe Gymnasium.

Excavations for the Radcliffe Gymnasium have been finished and the foundation is under way. The building will be ready for use next November. This is the first structure of much importance to be erected primarily for Radcliffe College, and its construction marks an era in the development of the institution.

The site of the new building runs along the Mason street front of the college grounds from the rear of Fay House extension to the city schoolhouse, at the corner of Mason and James streets. The building itself is to be 100 ft. by 53 on the ground, and two stories in height, with a light basement and will be of red brick with light stone trimmings. The third fioor will contain a running track. The other two will be occupied by the exercise room and lockers. There will be a large swimming tank in the basement.

Circulars have been sent to a number of graduates asking for subscriptions for the proposed new dormitory to cost about $50,000, to be built near the present college grounds. On account of the war, however, any systematic canvass of alumnae for funds has been indefinitely poetponed.