SECOND BROWN GAME.

Rand Improving.- Lewis and Sears Will be Tried Today.

The nine will play its second game with Brown at Providence this afternoon. The team will take lunch shortly before noon, and leave on the one o'clock train from the Park Square Station. For Brown the game today will end a season which, owing to her high standard of play, has practically placed her on an equality with Princeton. Although Brown defeated U. of P. Monday by a score of 16-0, no comparison can be made between this score and the 'Varsity's close victory on Saturday by a score of 2 to 1 as in the Brown game Pennsylvania's pitchers were in poor condition, and received the support of a thoroughly demoralized infield.

Several coaches, among whom were C. J. Paine, Jr., '97, and A. Clarkson, were present Monday at the 'Varsity's practice, which consisted principally of batting, followed by fielding. On account of examinations the team was given a lay-off yesterday.

Rand's knee has been improving slowly of late, but it is probable that he will not be able to play before the first Yale game, June 23. Chandler will take his place in today's game, while Lewis and Sears of the College nine, who have recently joined the squad, will be tried at first base and center field respectively.

The batting orders of the two teams follow:

Harvard. Brown.

Laughlin, s. s. s. s., Bacon.

Burgess, r. f. 2b., Fultz.

Chandler, l. f. l. f., Gammons.

Haughton, 2b. 3b., Lauder.

Reid, c. 1b. F. Croker.

Robinson, 3b. c., Le Stage.

Lewis, 1b. r. f., R. Croker.

Sears, c. f. c. f., Clarke.

Hayes or Fitz, p. p., Sedgwick.