Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

AT NEW LONDON.

[Associated Press].

HARVARD QUARTERS, NEW LONDON, June 20.- The 'Varsity crew practically completed its hard practice before the race on Wednesday today, for tomorrow the time will be given over chiefly to practicing racing starts. This morning there was no rowing and the crew did not launch its shell until 6.30 p. m. Mr. Lehmann coached from the launch and was accompanied by J. Fay 69, a member of the '69 crew, Dr. W. A. Brooks '88, Dr. W. A. Conant and a number of undergraduates who have recently arrived at New London.

The crew paddled down the river easily to the half mile mark and from there rowed to the start on time, covering the distance in 2m. 50s. The blade work of the starboard side was rather ragged and the boat very unsteady. The eight was sent back to the half mile flag a second time, and again rowed the distance on time. The work was vastly improved, as was shown by the new time of 2m, 31s.

There was nothing unusual in the work of the Freshmen today. The attack of sore throat which settled on the men for a few days has entirely worn away and as far as physical condition is concerned there is little doubt that the make-up of the crew for the race will be the same as it has been for the past few days.