WEST POINT TODAY.

First Game on Foreign Grounds Against Strong Opponents.

The University eleven, with substitutes, left Cambridge yesterday afternoon for the game with West Point today. In addition to the twenty-three men who were mentioned in the CRIMSON yesterday, Daly went with the team and will probably play in the first half. Except for Boal, Reid and Parker, therefore, the whole squad is in condition to play. Although West Point does not seem to have as good a team as in previous years, it will be the first strong one Harvard has met this season, and the game will be some criterion of the ability of the eleven.

West Point has tried the experiment this year of dispensing with a collegiate coach, and of handling their own team. They also are handicapped in training by the military discipline and by the short and inconvenient time allowed for practice. While they easily defeated Tufts in their first game they were beaten by Pennsylvania State College last Saturday. They had an easy chance to score, but lost the ball at a critical time. The game also showed that while the defensive work of the line was admirable, the ends were very weak. As the Harvard interference is undeniably strong, this weakness on West Point's part may mean a large score. Jackson, however, West Point's new fullback, seems to be a worthy successor of Romeyn in punting.

Before the Harvard squad left Cambridge yesterday, they were given a short practice of running through signals. The line-up today will probably be: Harvard.  West Point. Campbell, l.e.  r.e., Burnett. Swain, l.t.  r.t., Bunker. Barnard, l.g.  r.g., Hopkins. Sargent, c.  c., Bettison. Burden, r.g.  l.g., Goodspeed. J. Lawrence, r.t.  l.t., Boyers. Hallowell, r.e.  l.e., Smith. Daly, q.b.  q.b., Wesson. Gierasch, l.h.  r.h., Glade. Kendall, r.h.  l.h., Rockwell. Warren. f.b.  f.b., Jackson.

Officials--Umpire, Mr. Mogle; referee, Mr. Langford, of Trinity.