ACADEMIC DISTINCTIONS.

Prizes in Scholarships to be Announced at a Public Meeting.

The Faculty has recently adopted a plan for giving the prize and scholarship winners more adequate recognition than they have had in the past.

A few days before the Christmas recess a meeting will be held in the Fogg Lecture Room, under the management of the Committee on the Publication of Academic Distinctions in Harvard College. At this meeting there will be speeches by prominent men, an announcement of all prizes won during the last year, and a presentation of the Deturs. A pamphlet will be distributed which will give a list of the winners of the Bowdoin prizes from the beginning, all of last year's prize winners in Harvard College, the scholarship winners of the first group for the last four years, and of the second group for one year. Scholarships are divided into three groups. The first and second groups in clude men who have excelled in study; the third group includes men who have obtained scholarships on some special claim.

The meeting will be open only to invited guests, who will be, in the main, persons mentioned in the pamphlet. It will, of course, be a College, not a University affair, for of all the scholarships and prizes, the Bowdoin prizes, and one or two others alone, may be competed for by men not in the College. Many men who have won the various prizes and scholarships in the past are now prominent, so that the invited guests will undoubtedly include many distinguished persons.