The University Catalogue.

The University Catalogue for 1899-1900 is published and will probably be put on sale today. In subject matter, it is very similar to last year's catalogue, but it is much more inclusive and carefully arranged. It is 716 pages in length, an increase of 30 pages.

There are, as usual, four main heads, the lists of officers and students, information concerning the University in all its departments, information about Radcliffe College, and a directory and index. Under the first main head, are the names and addresses of the University's business officers; and, in the second division, is the first announcement "Instruction by Doctors of Philosophy" and an account and prospectus of the new Summer School of Theology. The departments of Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Medicine are discussed at great length, owing to their combination and reorganization last spring.

Regarding the new requirements for admission to Harvard College and the Lawrence Scientific School, there is a concisely and clearly stated announcement, instead of the scarcely intelligible one which was printed last year. The requirements for admission to Harvard College heretofore in operation will continue until 1901, when the new system, adopted in May, 1899, will go into effect. A candidate for admission to the College in 1900 or 1901, may choose either the old or the new method, but admission to the Lawrence Scientific School may only be by the new method. the new system of admission requirements for the departments in charge of the Faculty of Medicine is given in detail.

The corrected enrolment shows 448 professors and instructors, 4091 students or 4947 including the Summer School, and 393 women in Radcliffe College.