Hockey Notes

Instead of the game with Brown yesterday afternoon, the University team played the Law School and won by a score of 8 to 3. The team play of the University team was as good as usual, although the quick work of the Law School team often broke it up. No scoring was done by the latter team until the second half when some of the University men went over to the Law School side. The line up was as follows: University -- Laverack, Hoxie, Rumsey, Goodridge, Beardsell, forwards; Hardy, coverpoint; Vanderpool, point; Russell, goal. Law School--Matteson, Hunt, Parker, Hoxie, Stoddard, forwards; Barrows, coverpoint; Drinkwater, point; Goodridge, goal.

The 1902 hockey team defeated 1903 yesterday afternoon on Spy pond by a score of 4 to 2. This was the first regular game of the season between the two classes and the showing of both teams was exceptionally good. On the whole, the Sophomores showed better team work and handled the puck with more accuracy than the Freshmen. In individual playing, Pruyn for 1902, and Wright and Clarkson for 1903 excelled. The line-ups of the teams were as follows: 1902 -- Winsor, Burgess (Cook), Pruyn, Seaver (Chaffee), forwards; Metcalf, coverpoint; Stevenson, point; Perkins, goal. 1903--Foster, Clark, Ward, Clarkson, forwards; Wright, coverpoint; Litchfield, point; Foote, goal.