Christian Association Work

The work of the Harvard Christian Association during the coming year will be two-fold, and will consist of the study of the Bible in courses conducted by able leaders, and of philanthropic work in Boston and Cambridge.

The Bible study at the Christian Association rooms in Brooks House is open to all members of the University. The nature of the courses is purely devotional and historical, aiming to supplement and in no way to supersede the courses given by the college. The normal course is intended for those who desire training for immediate teaching in the Sunday-schools of Cambridge. The courses, arranged in a progressive four year system, are as follows:

1. The Life of Christ.

2. The Acts and Epistles.

3. Old Testament Characters, Writings and Poems.

4. The Gospel of John.

5. Normal Course.

To those who wish to engage in religious and philanthropic work a large number of opportunities is offered. A library and reading-room for school children is to be established by the Association in a district in East Cambridge where the call for work of this sort is extremely urgent. It is hoped that this library may be made the starting point for the establishment of several boys' clubs and similar enterprises. At the start, however, only about six men will be needed to give two hours a week each to the work. A Chinese Sunday-School in Boston, to which the Association has for some years past sent workers, furnishes an almost unlimited opportunity for the present year. Other positions in connection with the work of the Associated Churches of Cambridge are as follows:

Six teachers for boys' classes and clubs; three teachers for classes in history, literature, and citizenship; one man to work in a Brotherhood of St. Andrew; one man for friendly visiting in East Cambridge; two men to make a religious census of East Cambridge; also teachers for bible classes and men for other miscellaneous branches of religion and philanthropic work.

All who are interested in any branch of this work are earnestly requested to confer with Mr. E. C. Carter at Brooks House any day this week between 11 and and 12.30, or with A. S. Pease at the same place, between 7 and 8.