PLANS FOR THE CAMPAIGN.

Weekly Political Papers Considered.-A Republican Mass Meeting.

The Harvard Republican Club intends to hold a mass meeting of the Republican students of the University next week, at which plans for a parade will be discussed, and letters read from Governor Roosevelt and A. W. Tourgee, the author of "A Fool's Errand" and other well known political works. A weekly paper, to be called "The Harvard American," devoted to Republican political interests and to continue throughout the campaign in opposition to the "Harvard Democrat," will at that time be organized. Aside from this Harvard publication, a magazine, partly political, and managed by private enterprize, is to appear for the first time about October 15. Copies will be distributed in all the American colleges. The magazine, which will be known as "The College World," will contain college stories, an athletic department edited by P. D. Haughton '99 and a political department edited by H. B. Kirtland '01.

The officers of the Harvard Republican Club are: President, H. B. Kirtland '01; vice president, R. C. Bruce '02; secretary, B. Taylor '01; treasurer, A. E. Lunt '08; chairman of executive committee, S. B. Rosenthal 3L.

The Harvard Republican Club joined the American Republican College League in June. H. B. Kirtland '01 was made chairman of the New England department and also chairman of the National Executive Committee of the League. The work of the club so far has been to furnish one speaker to the Republican National Committee and one each to the state committees of Wisconsin, Ohio and Pennsylvania. The annual convention of the league, which delegates from all American colleges will attend, will be held at Philadelphia late in November.

The Harvard Democratic Club will publish during the present campaign a weekly political paper edited by G. Marsh '02. The first issue will contain letters from Bryan, Stevenson, Senator Jones, Col. T. W. Higginson '41, Mr. Erving Winslow, Mr. G. F. Washburn and ex-Governor Boutwell h. '51. Letters from many other political leaders have been promised for the later issues.