OBITUARY.

Lloyd McKim Garrison '88.

L. McK. Garrison '88, for four years an editor of the Harvard CRIMSON, died on Thursday at Lenox, Mass. A grandson of William Lloyd Garrison, the abolitionist, he inherited great literary and legal ability. His father was Wendell Phillips Garrison '61, editor of the New York Nation. He was born in Orange, N. J., on May 4, 1867, entered Harvard in 1884, and was a member of the University for seven years, taking his degree from the Law School in 1891. He was connected with the CRIMSON all through his college course, being Managing Editor in 1886, and President at the time of Harvard's two hundred and fiftieth anniversary. While at college, he showed unusual promise. In addition to his able editorials, he wrote many short poems, some of which were published. At the time of the great football victory in 1890, his "Echoes of the Yale Game" gained great popularity.

Since his graduation from the Law School, Mr. Garrison has been with the law firm of Gould and Wilkie, New York, and was taken into partnership with them a few years ago. He attained with them a few years ago. He attained distinction in his profession, and was one of the most promising young lawyers in New York. He still kept up his literary work by writing for the magazines, having his last article in the September Cosmopolitan.

After the Spanish war, Mr. Garrison and his partner, Mr. Gould, were appointed by the administration to investigate the Spanish judicial system in force in Cuba. He did not stay there long and was taken ill with fever on his return. Last August he had an attack of typhoid fever, from which he never recovered.

Mr. Garrison married Miss Alice Kirkham of Hastings-on-Hudson, and leaves two children. He was a member of the University, Chi Phi and Harvard Clubs of New York, of the Bar Association of New York, and the Papyrus Club of Boston.