Makeup of Freshman Eleven.

The permanent line-up of the Freshman eleven will be decided next week. Few of the positions are yet fully decided upon; there are however, no more than two candidates for any place. The places most in doubt are the end and back positions.

The squad has been cut down to such a small number that for the past two weeks individual coaching has been practical. Of the faults, those most in evidence are the slowness of the end men in getting down the field on kicks and the inability of the guards to open up holes for centre plays. All the line men run and tackle too high, and the chief reason why the team is weak on the defense is that the men do not adopt a low enough position.

Moving Thayer from quarter-back to substitute right end and putting Dodge at left tackle, are the most recent changes in the line. Back of the line the attention of the coaches is directed to the perfecting of formation plays. A tendency of the backs to go too far out on end plays and to break apart on centre plays is the most conspicuous fault. For full-back the candidates now are Skilton and Myers with the chances slightly in Skilton's favor. Philips, who at first was effective in this position, has lately taken a slump. At left half back Pruyn is a strong man with Parker as a substitute. The candidates for right half back are Lindsay and Mackay. At quarter-back Marshall still does fairly good work but may be displaced by Robinson, a new man in the position. The work at quarter, however, is still ragged, partly owing to unfamiliarity with signals and partly on account of poor passing by Bleakie.

The line-up of the team as it now stands is as follows: Harrison, l.e.; Dodge, l.t.; C.H.Robinson, l.g.; Bleakie, c.; Jackson, r.g.; Jones, r.t.; Burgess, r.e.; Marshall, q.b.; Pruyn, l.h.b.; Mackay, r.h.b.; Skilton, f.b.