INJURED MEN IMPROVING

Team Puts More Life in Work, But Still Has Important Faults.

There is a decided improvement in the condition of the men who have been out of the game with injuries, and it is now probable that they will all be available for the Yale game. Captain Daly and Eaton were on the field in football clothes, and did some light work. Daly's log has grown stronger, and his lameness is disappearing. Hallowell went into the game for a short time, and Campbell and Gierasch did some running. Kendall's injured arm has mended rapidly, and he was able to leave his bed yesterday.

In the practice game with the second eleven the first put more dash into its offensive play than it has done recently, but also showed some inexcusable faults. The men seemed to be able to gain on their plays, but were satisfied to let the ball stop at the first obstacle, instead of struggling for as much extra ground as possible. This lack of fighting spirit was noticeable especially in the half backs. Frequently on line plays they failed entirely to help each other through holes, and this lost good opportunities to score. The interference ran fairly smoothly, but was so slow in starting that the plays were often smothered before they formed. The defensive work also showed some improvement over that of yesterday, although there was still an absence of support from the backs. The ends played in better form than they have done recently.

The work of the second eleven was unusually good. Morse and L. Daly played a remarkable defensive game, several times breaking up the first eleven's formations for losses.

The work to-day will be merely a light, secret signal practice. Coaches Dibblee, Lewis and Forbes, and J. Lawrence, Lee and Barnard will attend the Yale-Princeton game at Princeton this afternoon.

The line-up: First Eleven.  Second Eleven. Ristine, Hallowell, r. e.  l. e., Morse. J. Lawrence, R. Lawrence, r. t.  l. t., Spratt, Wright. Barnard, Riggs, Rainsford, r. g.  l. g., Rainsford, McGrew. Sargent, Burnett, c.  c., Sugden. Lee, Whitwell, l. g.  r. g., Grew. Graydon, l. t.  r. t., Peyton. Bowditch, Motley, l. e.  r. e., Motley, Webb. Fincke, Baldwin, q. b.  q. b., L. Daly. Sawin, Putnam, l. h. b.  r. h. b., Derby. Dovens, Swann, r. h. b.  l. h. b., Hersey. Ellis, Stillman, f. b.  f. b., Mifilin.