1903 AGAIN CHAMPIONS.

Sophomores Defeat Juniors, 11 to 0, in the Last Game of the Class Series.

The Sophomore eleven won the class football championship yesterday afternoon on the University field, defeating the Juniors by a score of 11 to 0. The two teams were very evenly matched, and both the Sophomores' touchdowns were made on long runs. The work of the Sophomore back-field was excellent; while for the Juniors the tackles did good work in rushing the ball. Both teams had a strong offense, but the Sophomores were a little stronger on the defense, and at the beginning of the second half held the Juniors for downs on their three yard line.

In the first half the Sophomores kicked off, and the Juniors, after a few short rushes, brought the ball to the centre of the field by a well executed double pass. Here 1903 held for downs, and alter a failure to gain, Waterbury picked up the ball on a fumble and ran fifty yards to the two yard line, where Knowlton was pushed over for a touch-down. Knowlton kicked the goal.

Switzer returned the next kick off to the middle of the field; the Juniors were unable to gain consecutively and the Sophomores were given the ball. On the next play S. H. Noyes broke through tackle, and hurdling the fullback, ran sixty yards for a touchdown. Knowlton missed the goal. 1903 returned the next kick-off. The Juniors punted and secured the ball, on a bad bounce, on the Sophomores' thirty-five yard line. Here, after a failure to gain, Willis missed a place-kick, and the half ended after the punt-out, with the ball in the Juniors' possession on the thirty-five yard line.

In the second half the Sophomores kicked off and Ladd brought the ball back to the middle of the field. Here 1902 punted to the Sophomores' twenty-yard line. Noyes then made a poor punt and the Juniors obtained the ball on the twenty-eight-yard line. Using tackles back formation, 1902 forced the ball to the Sophomores' three yard line, but were there held for downs. Noyes punted and 1903 got the ball on their own twenty-five yard line. They then pushed down the field, although three substitutes were put in, and by the aid of ten yards for off-side play, reached the Juniors' thirty yard line. Here 1902 held for downs and punted out of danger. The game ended with the ball in the Sophomores' possession near the middle of the field.

The line-up: 1903.  1902. Percival, r.e.  l.e., Wendell. Knowlton, r.t.  l.t., Ogilby. Heinfelden, Rogers, r.g.  l.g., Ladd. Waterbury, c.  c., Scott. Cudahy, l.g.,  r.g., Frants. Fox, l.t.  r.t.,  Platt. McGlensey, l.e.  r.e., Willis. Krumbhaar, Pier, q.b.  q.b., Stedman. Noyes, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Ruese, Shirk. Stone, Piper, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Chase, Rumsey. Switser, f.b.  f.b., Noyes, Boyd.

Score -- Sophomores 11, Juniors 0. Touchdowns--Knowlton, Noyes. Goal from touchdown--Knowlton. Referee-- J. E. N. Shaw 3L. Umpire--T. Hoague 3L. Linesmen -- E. M. Ayer '03, C. Blagden '02. Timekeepers--B. C. Wright '03, J. H. Smith '02. Time--15-minute halves