Columbia Defeats Princeton

[Associated Press.].

The football game yesterday between Princeton and Columbia was one of the closest ever held on Columbia Field. Columbia's team was in perfect condition, and in spite of their hard game with Cornell on Saturday, all the Princeton players were in good shape.

At the beginning of the first half, Princeton had slightly the better of it, but Columbia took a brace and by steady attacks on the line and magnificent hurdling forced the ball to Princeton's two yard line. Morley was then pushed through for a touchdown and Bruce kicked goal.

In the second half, Princeton played swift, hard football from the start, keeping Columbia on the defensive. In the middle of the half the most sensational play of the game occurred. Roper of Princeton got the ball on a fumble by Berrien, and ran forty-five yards for a touchdown. Mills attempted to kick the goal, but Roper, who was holding the ball, let it slip from his hands and touch the ground too soon, Columbia of course blocking the kick. This error lost to Princeton her only chance of tying the game, as no further scoring was done during the half.