American Historical Association

The sixteenth annual meeting of the American Historical Association will be held in Detroit and Ann Arbor, Michigan on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, December 27, 28 and 29. This plan of having annual University sessions this year at the University of Michigan--is a continuation of the system adopted last year, when the Association met in Cambridge.

The special subject to be treated the first morning of the meeting will be "The Crusades and the East." Professor A. C. Coolidge will open the discussion and four papers will be read relating to the subject. President James B. Angell, University of Michigan, will land a paper on "The Capitulations in Turkey." On Thursday morning there will be a public session of the "Church History, Section" and in the evening a joint meeting will be held with the American Economic Association at hich the presidents of both associations will give addresses. The session on "Western History" will be held at the University of Michigan, on Friday afternoon, and the following morning "British and American History" will be treated. Professor A. B. Hart will open the discussion.

The meeting will close with the reports of the different committees and business arrangements for next year. A large number of Harvard men are connected with the organization of the Association. Mr. C. F. Adams '56 is second vice-president, and among the members of the executive council are: Mr. Henry Adams '58, Hon. Geo F. Hoar '46, Mr. James Achouler '59, Mr. M. W. Fuller '91, and Professor Albert B. Hart '80. The following Harvard men are on the different committees: Professor J. H. Robinson '50, of Columbia, Mr. Robert N. Toppan '58, Mr. Herbert Putnam '83, Mr. A. Lawrence Lowell '77, Dr. T. Clarke Smith '66, Professor C. H. Haskins '72, Professor W. McDonald '71, of Bowdoin, Professor, A. B. Hart '80, Mr. Charles F. Adams '71, Professor F. M. Anderson '73, of University of Minnesota, Professor C. W. Colby '89, of McGill University. Mr. A. M. Davis '54, and Dr. H. V. Ames '90.