Hockey.

By the score of 7 to 4 the University team again defeated the Law School yesterday afternoon on Soldiers Field. The fact that both teams were considerably shaken up by changes in the line-up prevented any creditable team work. The University team is at present weakened greatly by the absence of Goodridge and Beardsell, who recently received injuries in a practice game; it is expected, however, that the regular team will be intact by the latter part of this week, when the postponed Brown game will be played. The best individual playing in yesterday's game was done by Stoddard, last year's captain of the Yale team, who made three out of the four goals for the Law School. The line-up was as follows: University--Russell, goal; Vanderpool, point; Hardy, cover point; Laverack, Hoxie, Rumsey, Cook, forwards. Law School -- Wood, goal; Goodridge, point; Cogswell, coverpoint; Stoddard, Chaffee, Frost, Simpson, forwards.

Since the first call for candidates for the class teams in the early part of January, practice has been held every day when the weather permitted, and very fast teams have been formed as a result. Of the candidates who came out for their teams there were about ten Seniors, fifteen Juniors, twenty Sophomores and forty Freshmen. Drawings placed the two upper and the two lower classes together respectively. The first two games between the Seniors and the Juniors were won by the Seniors by scores of 2 to 1 and 3 to 1. The games between the Sophomores and the Freshmen were won by the former by scores of 5 to 0 and 4 to 2.

In neither series was a third game necessary. At present, it remains for the Seniors and Sophomores to play for the final victory for which there will probably be cups as prizes. As the Sophomore team is exceptionally strong this year a very fast game may be expected. The first game of the final series will be played Friday on Spy Pond or Soldiers Field, as the case may demand.

The following men have played in the class games: 1900--Goodridge (Carpenter), goal; Carpenter (Scott), point; Farrington (Ewer), (Livermore), coverpoint; George, Ward (capt.), Drinkwater, Parker (Farrington), Clement), forwards. 1901--Samson (Hyde), goal; Coyle, point; Evans, coverpoint; Hart, Coolidge (capt.), Hyde, Milne (Cooley), (Flanders), forwards. 1902 -- Perkins, goal; Stevenson, point; Metcalf, coverpoint; Winsor (capt.); Burgess (Cook), Pruyn, Stevens, Chaffee, forwards.