The Trophy Room.

Since its rearrangement by the committee appointed last year for that purpose, the Trophy Room has contained all the available pictures and trophies pertaining to successful Harvard athletics for the past twenty years. There are 135 photographs, 85 banners, and 205 baseballs on exhibition and about sixty balls which have not yet been arranged. The pictures are of the crews, the winning Mott Haven teams, the University and Freshman football and baseball teams and the successful Freshman crews. Photographs of this year's University and Freshman football teams are not yet placed in the room.

On the north side of the room is a new case in which are the footballs of the Yale games of 1890, 1898 and 1899 and of the Pennsylvania games of 1898 and 1899, as well as four footballs won by Freshmen classes. In the same case are the Harvard-Yale dual cup, the Ardsley Intercollegiate Golf Cup, the Fencing Trophy won in 1899, and four albums of photographs. Another case contains the Mott Haven Cup won in 1890, the Frank Wells and the Intercollegiate Lawn Tennis Cups, the Cumnock Cup presented to A. J. Cumnock '91, the '86 Quarter Mile Cup won and presented in 1886 to Harvard by S. Gannett Wells '86, and a silver baseball won in the eighties. The Beacon Interclass Rowing Cup, which has been competed for from 1864 until recently by class crews is also in this case. As a result of the impossibility of inscribing all the names of the winning crews on the cup, a large silver plate has been obtained as an additional trophy upon which has been placed the winners until 1897. Another trophy placed in this case is a large silver loving cup presented to Harvard in 1896 by the United States Military Academy Athletic Association. Except in minor details, the Trophy Room is now completely systematized so that henceforth there can be a regular arrangement of all prizes and photographs entitled to places in the room.