ROXBURY LATIN GAMES.

Harvard Wins Two First and Two Second Places, in Three Events.

At the annual winter meeting of the Roxbury Latin School Athletic Association, thirty-nine Harvard men competed in three open events, four of whom won places. R. P. Kernan '03 won the 40-yards low hurdles in 5 1-2s., with A. N. Rice '00 a close second. A. W. Ristine '02 was the winner of the open 30-yards dash, B. C. Lancy '03 was second; the time was 3 3-4s. Rice was the scratch man in the high jump, but failed to win a place.

The most interesting event was the hurdle race. All but one of the nineteen competitors were Harvard men, and every heat was closely contested. The final heat, between Kernan, Rice, J. H. Shirk '02, and A. W. Ristine '02, was the hardest fought race of the afternoon, Kernan winning by only a few inches.

The officials of the meet were: Judges at finish, A. G. Mason '00, H. B. Clark '01, and L. C. Ledyard '00; field judges, C. N. Prouty '00, and H. J. Brown '02; timer, J. G. Lathrop; referee, F. L. Higginson, Jr., '00; clerks of course, H. R. Hayes '01, R. B. Ogilby '02, L. J. Daly '03, and H. H. Berry R. L. S.