The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

University Club Site.

The following communication has been received by Assistant Professor A. C. Coolidge of the committee on the Harvard Union.

"Concerning the site for the projected Union Club-house, my opinion is that the site now occupied by the "Co-operative is the poorest possible. Down on that noisy square, with no pleasant outlook, and squeezed into a corner,--the fact of this being in the College grounds is, in comparison with these disadvantage, of little weight. The location next, on the Foxcroft grounds, is a good one, were there no other available or mentioned; but it is at present away from the line of main movement, though not out of touch, being hard by Memorial Hall and many of the other buildings. But this would necessitate giving up, I infer, "Foxcroft," though that is, perhaps, not a serious objection. But I fall to see what possible objection obtains against the site at first suggested, i. e. that on the corner of Harvard and Quincy streets, accessible as it is to persons going in or coming out of Boston, and to so many of the private clubs, and to those going to or returning from Soldiers Field. One man, as much interested as any one in this project, said to me at a class dinner not long since, "I hear the objection made (with a twinkle in his eyes) that it is too far for the students to walk!" At least ten persons whom I have consulted agree with the above, first choice--the corner of Harvard and Quincy streets, second choice--the lot on which the "Foxcroft" stands, and distinctly not the old Dane Hall lot." GRADUATE.