"Forestry as a Profession."

Mr. Gifford Pinchot, chief of the U. S. Division of Forestry will speak about "Forestry as as a Profession" in the lecture room of the Fogg Museum at 7.45 this evening. It is safe to say that few men in public life in this country today are doing more important work than Mr. Pinchot.

He graduated in 1889 from Yale and then went abroad to study forestry in Germany and France. Upon his return he opened an office in New York as consulting forester. Among the estates which he surveyed and planned out are the Biltmore estate in North Carolina and Mr. Webb's preserves in the Adirondacks. He was shortly afterward appointed Chief of the Division of Forestry at Washington. Mr. Pinchot lectured at Yale last fall and much interest has since been aroused there.

Throughout the country also the recent efforts of the division have made apparent the great need for intelligent supervision of the country's forests, and for trained men to carry on this work. Of the future career open to such men and of the conditions under which their work must be carried on Mr. Pinchot will speak this evening.

The lecture will be open to members of the University only.