Summer School Announcement.

The committee in charge of the Summer, School has recently published a pamphlet which in addition to the regular announcements of courses of study explains some departures which will be made this summer.

For the first time, a course in reading and speaking will be given this year. It is intended for teachers of reading and public speaking and other teachers who make such training an accessory to their regular English classes. There will also be a new laboratory course in mineralogy and lithology. A series of excursions open to all members of the Summer School will be conducted to places of historic interest about Cambridge. They will be so arranged that, except in a few instances, they will not last more than half a day.

Among the arrangements made by the committee is the furnishing of board in Randall Hall for students in the school and the preparation of a list of convenient lodging houses. Rooms will be provided for women in Brooks House. In addition to free use of the University Library, students will have access to a comprehensive collection of text-books, which is provided by a special arrangement with publishers. Another feature of the Summer School will be a series of evening lectures by various members of the Faculty.

The session will open on Thursday, July 5, and will close on Wednesday, August 15.

The committee of the Faculty in charge of the school consists of the following instructors: Professor N. S. Shaler, Assistant Professor Paul H. Hanus, Assistant Professor Paul H. Hanus, Assistant Professor Charles R. Sanger, Mr. Max Poll and Mr. Byron S. Hurlbut. The clerk of the committee will be Mr. J. L. Love.