Letter from Mr. Lane

To the Editors of the Crimson:

The journals of Harvard life written during the month of March by professors and students are now coming in daily to the College Library to be preserved there unopened for the benefit of our successors sixty years hence.

I should be glad to supplement the account thus given by as good a collection as we can bring together of photographs illustrating the present appearance of the College Yard and the College buildings, College rooms, College customs and College men, as well as any other pictures of the current life and aspect of Cambridge and Boston.

Photographs may be of any size, but preferably not larger than 7x9 inches and they should be platinum prints in order to insure permanence. The members of the Camera Club have promised to contribute pictures they have taken, and to make negatives of a number of buildings and places which are sure to change within a few years.

May I ask the co-operation of others also who have photographs or negatives that would be of interest, or are willing in the course of the present month, to make them. The expense of the printing can probably be provided in all cases where this would be a burden on the individual contributor. I should be obliged however, if men would consult me about this in advance. William C. Lane, Librarian.