Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

University Baseball.

The University baseball squad left the cage finally last Thursday and the work from now on will be on the diamond improvised west of the cage. On account of the raw wind, the battery candidates did not come out last week but will do so today if the weather is favorable. The men are becoming accustomed to the outdoor work and the fielding on Friday was a great improvement over that in the cage, although the batting showed a slight falling off. There was a marked tendency to forget the lessons learned in the cage and a consequent difficulty with curved balls.

On Friday, the men were divided into two teams as follows and a seven-inning game was played: First Team.  Second Team. Loughlin, c.f.  c.f., Ware. J. D. Clark, 1b.  1b., Kendall. Reid, c.  c., Milne. George, Keene, 2b.  2b., Wheelock. Ewer, G. B. Clark, r.f.  r.f., Wendell. Coolidge, s.s.  s.s. Putnam. Stewart, l.f.  l.f., Christianson. G. B. Clark, Ewer, 3b.  3b., Clay.

MacDonald and Holland pitched and Milne did most of the catching for both teams.

The first game is with Boston College next Saturday, and will be played on the regular diamond. The team will be selected about the middle of the week, chiefly with regard to the batting records of the men; but every man will be given a chance to play for at least part of the game. Only the best men will be taken south a week from next Thursday and both of the games before the departure will be in the nature of try-outs. For the coming week the work will consist of outdoor practice on all favorable days and short games between the two teams.

Hamilton, who has been coaching the squad for the last three weeks, left on Friday to rejoin the Boston team. A silver loving-cup, with a suitable inscription, was presented to him by the members of the squad. Lewis is still coaching the pitchers, and Hayes, who has been ill, is out again. Nichols, who has been in Europe, is expected out next Wednesday. Loughlin will continue to coach the Freshmen.