Club Rowing

All the club crews with the exception of the Senior Weld, the Newell Law School and the second Sophomore eights were rowing on the river yesterday afternoon. The crews were made up in the same order as Monday with the exception of a temporary change in the Weld Junior eight, Burton taking his old place at 6 and Wheelwright moving from 6 to 5, taking Ivins's place. Vail and Donovan coached as usual from their singles, paying particular attention to the faults shown in Monday's races and giving the crews several starts for short spurts up and down the river. The Newell Freshmen, who went out in shells for the first time yesterday afternoon, will probably be graded today.

Five crews will enter the class races on Friday, the three upper-class crews from the Newell, and the Law School and Sophomore eights from the Weld. It is doubtful whether the consolation races between the other crews will take place.

The race between the second Law School crews held yesterday afternoon was won by the Weld, with a lead of two lengths at the finish. The order of the winning crew was as follows:

Stroke, Stackpole; 7, Sherburne; 6, Noble; 5, Butler; 4, White; 3, Walling; 2, Scranton; bow, Marshall; cox., Cole.

In the order of the winning Law School first crew printed yesterday. Holt instead of Morrill should have been placed at bow, and Morrill instead of Butler at 3.

The new Weld launch will arrive in Boston this afternoon and will probably be on the river by the last of the week.