Intercollegiate Games.

In the intercollegiate games to be held on Manhattan Field, New York, on May 25 and 26 there is little doubt that first place will go to Pennsylvania by a score of about fifty points. Second place will probably lie between Harvard and Princeton, though neither is expected to come within twenty-five points of Pennsylvania, and fourth place should go to Yale. Scattered points will go to most of the small colleges entered and there may be some surprises from them, but the general result can hardly be affected. A forecast based on form shown this year gives Pennsylvania 51 points, Harvard 23, Princeton 18, and Yale 17. Columbia, Syracuse, Cornell, Williams, California, Brown, and New York University are also entered and should secure points in the order named.

Prominent men entered are: In the dashes -- Jarvis of Princeton, McClain and Smith of Pennsylvania; Richards and Boardman of Yale, and Haigh of Harvard. In the hurdles--Kraenzlein and Remington of Pennsylvania, Hallowell and Willis of Harvard, and Thomas and Fincke of Yale. In the quarter mile--Long of Columbia and Boardman of Yale. In the distance runs--Grant and Bowen of Pennsylvania, Cregan of Princeton, Bray of Williams, Smith of Yale, and Foote, Richardson and Applegate of Harvard. In the shot put--Beck of Yale, Plaw of California, and Hare and McCracken of Pennsylvania. In the hammer throw--Plaw of California, McCracken and Hare of Pennsylvania, Boal of Harvard, Stillman of Yale, and Boynton of Cornell. In the pole vault--Johnson, Adriance and Hord of Yale, and Deming of Cornell. In the high jump--Serviss and Carroll of Princeton, and Rice and Rotch of Harvard. In the broad jump--Prinstein of Syracuse and Kraenzlein of Pennsylvania.