Yale Rules for Insignia.

The Yale Insignia Committee has recently drawn up certain rules governing the award of the University "Y" and all other forms of insignia. In football, baseball and rowing, the "Y" and any other insignia may be given only to those who have taken part in championship contests. At the discretion of the captain, however, caps may be given to not more than three substitutes. On the track, the "Y" shall be given only to those who win a point in the intercollegiate games or who win first or second place in the Harvard games. In bicycling, only those who win first place in the intercollegiate meet shall receive the "Y." The champion gymnast shall receive a "Y" sweater only.

Class numerals in football and baseball can be won in the freshman year only. Crew class numerals can be won in the freshman year or by any class crew winning the spring regatta. Numerals can be secured on the track by winning first place in the spring games, or by the winning team in the class relay race. The champion class gymnast can win his numerals in his freshman year only.

Other rules were drawn up to limit the use of insignia in the minor branches of athletics; and it was definitely decided to allow insignia to presidents of the various associations as regular members of the organizations which they represent.