Interclass Debating

The date for the final interclass debate has again been changed. It is now definitely decided that the debate will be held in the Fogg Art Museum on May 11. On that evening will also come the presentation of the cups, won in the Senior-Junior and Sophomore-Freshman debates. The men who will receive these cups are H. S. Bowers '00, J. Frank '00, E. E. Sargeant '00, O. D. Evans '00, J. H. Holmes '02, E. H. Letchworth '02, E. Bernbaum '02 and H. De Bray '02.

The cups to be presented are of original design and very interesting in detail. Deeply engraved on the front of the cups is the name of the debate and the winner. A quartered Harvard shield is stamped on the top; but instead of the customary open book in the upper left hand corner is the name and date of the first debating organization at Harvard--"The Union" started in 1832. In the quarter diagonally below is the name and date of the "Forum" founded in 1893. A slightly raised band with the inscription "Harvard University Debating Club" encircles the shield.