1900 Graduate Hand-book

The Graduate Hand-book for 1900, which has just been published, is devoted for the most part to the proceedings of the fifth annual convention of the Federation of Graduate Clubs. The object of the publication has changed within the last two years. "The primary purpose of the hand-book is no longer merely to present in a compact form certain information sought by advanced students...By the present plan, the Federation hopes to bring all graduate students more in touch with its work, and, perhaps, to contribute something towards the solution of the problems of higher standards of scholarship, etc., which instructors are encountering."

In addition to addresses and committee reports made during the convention, the list of officers for 1900 is announced as follows: President, C. R. Gaston, Cornell; first vice-president, M. W. Croll, Pennsylvania; second vice-president, A. Britt, Columbia; third vice-president, G. C. Sellery, Chicago; corresponding secretary, Annie L. Wilkinson, Bryn Mawr; recording secretary, W. P. Cohoe, Harvard; treasurer, A. A. Young, Wisoonsin.

The last pages of the hand-book give a list of the twenty-three graduate clubs, which are members of the Federation, with their officers; and also the names of all recipients of the degree of Ph.D. during the year 1899.