Leonard Wins Championship.

E. W. Leonard-'03 won the fall tennis tournament yesterday, defeating R. Bishop 1L. in four hard fought sets. 6-2, 6-8, 6-4, 6-3. The match was more closely contested throughout than the score signifies, and was won by Leonard's steadiness and accurate placing. Bishop came up to the net constantly, but although he did some good volleying, he was very erratic and lost the match by his frequent nets and outs. In the second set he was at his best, finally winning out by his sharp volleying and well directed kills. Leonard played a less brilliant game at the net, but was surer, seldom allowing Bishop to pass him. His lobs from the back court fell generally too short, but his drives along the side lines and low ground strokes from the base line were speedy and accurate, and were very effective against Bishop's net game. In winning the tournament Leonard also gets the University championship, as E. R. Marvin '99, last year's champion, is no longer in College.

The doubles played yesterday resulted as follows:

Warland and Leonard defeated Derby and Wendelt by default; Goodridge and Barrows defeated George and Drink-water, 6-3, 12-10; Rice and Tappin defeated Penhallow and Estes, 6-1, 6-4; Stillman and Downs defeated Lincoln and Stettinius, 6-0, 6-4,

The following doubles will be played today:

At 2.3-L. P. Frothingham, and C. Frothingham vs. R. Bishop and C. L. Cole.

At 3.30-Winner of L. P. Frothingham and C. Frothingham vs. Bishop and C. L. Cole vs. Herrick and Derby; Stillman and Downs vs. More and Fischel.