SECRET FOOTBALL PRACTICE

Begins Today.--Light Practice.--Both Elevens Score.

Secret football practice begins today and will probably continue for the rest of the week.

Yesterday almost all of the men who played in the Carlisle game were given a rest and put through light work. The first eleven was composed almost entirely of substitutes. The work of both teams was loose and ragged, and marred by fumbling. The tackles-back formation was used by the first eleven for considerable gains but the second seemed unable to make much headway with this formation.

Roberts at centre played a fairly active game and got into many of the plays. Jones ran low and hard but did not keep his feet well. Graydon and Mifflin were both able to gain well through the line. McGrew is at present out of the same because of water on the knee, but will probably return by the end of the week. Eaton, because of his appendieitis, will no be able to play again this year. Robinson's neck is improving and he will be out shortly, as will also Meier. Sugden and Devens, though improving, will not be out for some time. Randolph was out in football clothes yesterday but did not play. Bowditch and Putnam are both rounding into shape and will probably play in Saturday's game.

In the line-up the first scored three times on the second, while the second scored once, Boyd securing the ball on a blocked kick and running 25 yards for a touchdown.

The line-up: FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. Burgess, r.e.  l.e., Percival Lawrence, r.t.  l.t., Dodge Hovey, Riggs, r.g.  l.g., Force, Grew Roberts, c.  c., Lyon, King Greene, Lee, l.g.  r.g., Rainsford O'Connell, l.t.  r.t., Fox Littig, l.e.  r.e., Thayer Baldwin, q.b.  q.b., Parker, Roberts Jones, r.h.b.  l.h.b. Tenney Mifflin, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Greenough, Kent Graydon, f.b.  f.b., Boyd