Shooting Club.

The Shooting Club was defeated by the Brockton Gun Club, yesterday afternoon, by the score of 99 to 94. Each team was composed of four men, shooting at thirty birds apiece at unknown angles. This is the third match this season in which both Harvard and Brockton have competed; in the first, Brockton won from a field of four, and last Saturday Harvard won the second from a field of three. The individual scores of the Harvard team for yesterday's shoot are as follows: E. Mallinckrodt, Jr., '00, 27; H. W. Sanford '00, 24; B. S. Blake '01, 22; W. F. Williams '01, 21.

Monday's shoot for the Bancroft cup, which resulted in a tie between E. Mallinckrodt, Jr., '00, and H. W. Sanford '00, was also shot off and was won by Mallinckrodt, who thereby wins permanent possession of the cup. When the Bancroft cup was given last year by Paul Bancroft '99, winner of the Founder's cup, the conditions were that it should be shot for once a month, and should become the permanent property of the man who won it three successive times or six times altogether. Under nearly similar conditions the Founders cup remained in the club fifteen years and was never won by the same man more than twice in succession. The regular monthly shoots will continue, however, as Mallinckrodt will offer a new cup, to be shot for under the same conditions as the Bancroft cup.