A Relief Map of the Fells.

The geological survey and mapping of the Middlesex Fells Park Reservation, which has been carried on under the direction of Dr. Jaggar by the men in Geology 22, has now been finished. Working with the aid of the topographical map made out by the Metropolitan Park Commissioners, the men, in groups of two, have examined the outcrops and the formations of rocks in the sections of the park assigned them, and have made out colored maps to show the geological structures found. Very minute and careful field note-books have been kept, and specimens have been collected of the more important rocks.

To two men in the course the task has been assigned of making out, from the data gathered by the class, a complete geological map of the whole region examined. The sectional maps, the notebooks, and the specimens, carefully classified and labelled, will be submitted to these men, and their work will be done from an examination of these.

The mapping of the Middlesex region is of considerable interest, for on the interpretation of the structure of its geological formations depend important points in the geological history of Eastern Massachusetts.