New Window in Memorial

The class of '55 has recently completed arrangements with the "ChurchGlass'and Decorating Company" of New York City, for the construction of a new stained-glass window to be placed in Memorial Hall. The window is to be put in at the north side of the building in the second window-space from the further end of the Hall,--one of the two remaining spaces filled with ordinary window-glass. It will probably be in place by next fall.

The window is to represent the figures of Bernard of Clairvaux and Godfrey of Bouillon. These men, respectively the great preacher and the great soldier of the period in which they lived, are selected in memory of Bishop Brooks and General Francis C. Barlow. General Barlow was ranked as the highest officer of the Harvard men who went to the war in 1861, and won his rank of Major General by his brilliant service, ability and courage. Both of these men were members of the class of '55, which now makes this window its memorial of their unique distinction, as the first soldier and the first preacher among Harvard graduates in our day.