Communication.

University Meeting Tonight.

We invite all men in the University to submit communications on subjects of timely interest. The CRIMSON is not, however, responsible for the sentiments expressed in such communications as may be printed.

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

At a recent meeting of the Athletic Committee, the Chairman was requested to sent to the CRIMSON a statement of the basketball situation for the information of the University public.

Last fall the managers of the basketball and hockey teams were notified that only three games involving absence over night would be approved. The hockey team arranged its schedule accordingly. The basketball manager submitted an intercollegiate schedule which required additional absences. The schedule was returned for revision according to the regulation of the Committee. A new schedule was submitted with the statement that the game arranged with Yale at New Haven for March 12 had been cancelled. The new schedule was submitted December 21, and the Committee assumed that the Yale team had been notified accordingly. This, however, proved not to be the case, and the basketball manager was accordingly advised later to give this notification which was apparently done February 9. The manager then requested that the rule permitting only three out of town games be suspended, and that a fourth game be added. This modification of the regulations was not granted. At no time, however, did the Athletic Committee indicate what games should be omitted, leaving such details for the management itself to adjust.

The management of the basketball team in a number of other respects was not satisfactory to the Committee, and accordingly, after an accumulation of incidents which seemed to warrant such an action, on February 17, the resignation of the manager was requested. Meanwhile, early in the season it appeared that the captain of the team had entirely neglected to take any strength test, although he is specifically held responsible for the enforcement of the regulations regarding physical examination: and he was therefore notified that under the regulations he was barred from further participation in public athletic contests until reinstated by a vote of the Committee. No explanation or application from him was ever received by the Committee. H. S. WHITE, Chairman.   Cambridge, February 29.