Second Address by Mr. Mott.

The second of the series of three University meetings conducted by Mr. John R. Mott was held in Brooks House last night.

Students in modern universities, he said, may be divided from a moral point of view into four classes: The first, those who are unaffected by temptation and whose lives are under the control of a superior being; the second, those who recognize evil, but fight with all that is in them to overcome it; the third those who drift about and do not contend with evil, either through thoughtlessness or because they have been defeated; and the last class, those who, overcome by temptation, are going to places in their moral and perhaps their physical nature. The question to be solved then is, how can those in the last three classes gain entrance into the coveted first class.

Fortunately for man, many saviours have been allowed him. For instance, the saving power of heredity is in enlightened countries a powerful influence for good. Environment is another saviour, which can be of some effect on a man's life. A third is the human will and yet it is by no means adequate in itself. The real Saviour, who nevertheless sanctifies rather than puts aside these other saviours, is our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Two everlasting truths of Christ's influence are that no man has ever committed himself to Him without being led to victory and freedom, and that He is able by infinite odds to ensure the best life to men.