Kicking Contest Yesterday.

The kicking contest for ability in punting, drop and place kicking was held yesterday afternoon. H. W. Locke '02 won the drop kicking contest with a total of '37 points. G. A. Sawin '01, L. Motley '02, and L. B. deKoven '04 were tied for second place, each making 25 points. Sawin also won the punting contest, making 25 points, with F. L. Burnett '01 second with 23 points. Burnett won the place kicking contest, making 54 points. D. W. Knowlton '03 was second with 45 points.

In the drop kicking, each of the contestants was allowed to make three kicks from two different angles at a distance of 25 yards from the goal line and three kicks at a straight distance of 35 yards. Each time the ball went over the middle of the cross-bar, 10 points were counted for the contestant. This number for each successful kick was varied down to 6 points according to the distance from the middle. In the punting, each contestant was allowed three kicks, and accuracy, height and distance were all considered.

The place kicking was from the same angles and distances as the drop kicking with the exception that the straight kick was from a distance of 40 yards.