"The Dynamiters."

The Graduates' performance of this year's Hasty Pudding play was given last night at the clubhouse. The play is remarkably good, and very entertaining all the way through. There is no dragging of the action, and the scenes are all lively and well connected.

The burlesque "Sureluck Combs, or the Strained Face of Miss Caulker," which is introduced in the last act, is a thoroughly clever piece of work. The salient points of Gillette's drama are well selected, and shown with capital spirit and with no gross exaggeration. F. R. DuBois '01, in the leadingpart, does unusually good work and the minor characters are well portrayed.

One of the most pleasing features of the play proper is the large number of well-trained choruses, which work together with great spirit and precision in all their dances. This is especially true of the chorus of Policemen, the Chinese Laundrymen, and the Dancing Girls. The specialties were very well received, in particular the Siamese Twins and the solo dancing by L. L. White '02.

Of the main characters in the play, J. G. Forbes '01, as Trivia, the Prime Minister's daughter, and L. L. White '02, as her governess, did excellent work, and throughout were very easy in their parts. F. R. DuBois '01 as the Prime Minister, and H. Lyman '01 as the leader of the dynamiters are also worthy of mention. R. E. Goodwin '01 as A Lunatic, did very well in a difficult role, and R. Dexter '01 and H. L. Movius '02 as Mike Sikkum and Pat Sokum, police sergeants, were clever and very funny. As a whole the play is exceedingly well balanced, with good swing and dash, and is lead up to its climax very skilfully.

The music is catchy, and in several places shows great merit. The second entr'act, by M. Lang '02, was particularly well received.