The Annual Baseball Victory.

Yesterday afternoon, with the greatest ease in the world, the CRIMSON baseball nine defeated the Lampoon in a so-called contest, which was replete with brilliant and original plays. The score was 28 to 7, but mere figures can hardly show the superiority of the Harvard men over their opponents.

The Lampoon was first at the bat, and by scoring one run, bravely held the lead throughout the first half of the first inning. The Lampoon battering was composed of graduates, who are now allowed to play, owing to recent crafty changes in the Lampoon's eligibility rules, made at a mass-meeting of the editors of that sheet. On account of this unsportsmanlike act on the part of the Lampoon, the CRIMSON is seriously considering refusing to play them again, after the present five-year agreement expires.

A feature of the game was Captain Milne's magnificent home run on three strikes. Foster, the first CRIMSON pitcher, pitched strikes in such unbroken succession that a weaker pitcher was substituted for a while so as to give the field something to do. Every man on the CRIMSON Nine was directly on top of his task, and the team as a whole put up an exhibition seldom equaled on any diamond.

For the Lampoon, H. B. Clark, in charge of the bats, did the base work. The repose, dignity, and carelessness of Wheelwright at first base brought frequent cheers from the supporters of the CRIMSON. The excellent team work of the Lampoon resulted in first blood for the CRIMSON, when the whole team collided under a pop fly.

Great credit must be given to the umpire for his impartial errors in judgment. The nextnumber of the Lampoon will contain the annual protest.

The score by innings: Innings,  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  r.  h.  e. Crimson,  2  1  4  6  0  4  11  28  18  1 1/2 Lampoon,  1  0  0  0  0  0  6  7  7  31*

Batteries -- Foster, field, Wood, and Milne; Barney and Ledyard.