The Class Day Advocate.

The Class Day number of the Advocate, which will be issued at noon today, contains the class oration, by H. P. Chandler, the class poem, by C. F. C. Arensberg, the ivy oration, by F. R. DuBois and the class ode, by J. Grant Forbes--all four of which are to be delivered in Sanders Theatre at the class exercises today. These four contributions give the present number of the Advocate an unusual interest and a permanent value.

The other prose articles and poems in the Advocate are of varied merit; "A Day in His Life," an unsigned story, is, with the exception of the class day parts, the most interesting contribution to the number. The fact that the writer deals with the traditional loafer, his repentance and regeneration, does not mar the interest of the story, for the plot is set forth and made to seem almost new by an unusually vigorous style. One feels disappointed, however, that the writer should confess himself unable to evolve a climax from an interesting and difficult situation, by stating finally that it was "All a dream."

"Chin Wee," a poem, also unsigned, is a clever bit of versification -- nothing more. "The Eagle," by Roy Pier, is pleasing in conception and imagery, but halting in its rhythm. "On Lafayette Square," a prose article by R. Inglis, which concludes the number, is a good attempt at a difficult character sketch.