Hockey Team Defeats Andover.

The University hockey team defeated Andover Saturday afternoon by the score of 6 to 4, after a hard and exciting contest. Andover played exceptionally well and showed the best team work that has been seen here this season. The Harvard team lacked its usual speed and unity, possibly owing to the absence of several of the regular men, and was able to win only by determined individual playing. Harvard did not follow the puck closely, and the forwards did not play in their positions enough to permit accurate passing. The best playing for the University was done by Winsor and Foster, and for Andover by Hodge, Dousman and Silleck.

Harvard started well and, in the first few minutes of the game, succeeded in scoring two goals, but Andover quickly improved and shot three goals in succession. Lovering's shot, on an assist by Winsor, tied the score just before the end of the half. In the latter part of the game Andover was able to make but one point, while Harvard added three more, one in a scrimmage and the others on long lifts by Winsor.

The line-up: HARVARD.  ANDOVER. Foster, f.  f., Hodge. Lovering, Prentice, f.  f., Alworth. Winsor, f.  f., Dousman. Rumsey, f.  f., O'Brien. Penhallow, c.p.  c.p., P. L. Reed. Carr, Movius, p.  p., Silleck. Manning, g.  g., P. R. Reed.

Goals: Harvard--Foster 2, Lovering 2, Winsor 2; Andover--Hodge 2, Dousman, Alworth. Time--20 minute halves.