UNIVERSITY OF MAINE TODAY.

A Good Game Expected.--Practice Yesterday Improved.

The Harvard football team will play the University of Maine this afternoon on Soldiers Field at 3 o'clock.

Owing to slight injuries several of Harvard's regular men will not be in the line-up. Hovey will play left guard in place of A. Marshall, Mills will take Wright's place at tackle, Stillman will be tried at fullback and Foster will be used for the first time in a regular game at right halfback.--The University of Maine team, with the exception of two men, is the same as it was when coached by Farley last year. It has played and won four games and has shown ability to run up large scores. Harvard will have an advantage, however, in knowing their opponents style of play and in having greater weight. The line-up of the two teams with the weights of each man follow: HARVARD.  UNIVERSITY OF MAINE. Jones (175), l.e.  r.e., Bean (150) Mills (182), l.t.  r.t., Tower (170) Barnard (191), l.g.  r.g., Libby (185) King (240), c.  c., Learned (172) Hovey (201), r.g.  l.g., Reed (175) Knowlton (189), r.t.  l.t., Sawyer (180) Bowditch (167), r.e.  l.e., Taylor (150) Marshall (156), q.b.  q.b., Bailey (135) Lindsay (163), l.h.b.  r.h.b., Parker (150) Foster (172), r.h.b.  l.h.b., Bean (175) Stillman (165), f.b.  f.b., Dorticose (180)

The practice yesterday was a slight improvement over the work of the past week. One touchdown was made by the University team by straight plays from the 25 yard line. Foster was tried on the first eleven, and ran well, although on the defense he failed to get into the plays quickly. The plays were run off with more snap but the backs were slow at times and the whole team was unsteady.

The line-ups: FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. Jones, l.e.  r.e., Percival Mills, l.t.  r.t., Oveson Hovey, l.g.  r.g., Pettingell King, c.  c., Wilder Barnard, r.g.  l.g., Symonds Knowlton, r.t.  l.t., Whitwell Bowditch, r.e.  l.e., Crocker Marshall, q.b.  q.b., Noyes Lindsay, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Shoelkoff Foster, r.h.b.  l.h.b., McGlensey Stillman, f.b.  f.b., Ives